- The vanilla bean is the cured dried fruit of the rare and exotic vanilla orchid (vanilla planifolia) - the only orchid that bears fruit.
- Vanilla is the most labor intensive of all agricultural products. It is the second most expensive spice in the world, next to saffron.
- The entire process of vanilla cultivation, pollination and harvesting is done by hand, without using machinery, chemical fertilizers or pesticides.
- Vanilla workers pollinate from 1,000 to 2,000 vanilla orchid flowers per day.
- When comparing the flavor of vanilla extracts, don't taste it right out of the bottle, you'll get a strong taste associated with the alcohol. Instead, test it by putting a dash in a few ounces of whole (homogenized) milk and experience the difference.
Remember also that a prudent amount of vanilla extract adds flavor and a minimal amount of color to a dish, but too much may impart a bitter, unpleasant taste. Use sparingly for best results.
- To enhance the vanilla flavor of your favorite recipe, try cooking or baking with our gourmet Uganda Gold (tm) or Madagascar vanilla beans or our pure ground Bourbon vanilla. They're easy to use and give you the versatility to add more intense vanilla flavor without leaving a bitter or acrid aftertaste.
Store Entrance | UGANDA GOLDTM Vanilla Beans | Madagascar Vanilla Beans
Organic Gourmet Beans | Organic Extract Beans
Indonesia Vanilla Beans | PNG Vanilla Beans
Tahitian Vanilla Beans | India Vanilla Beans | Pure Ground Vanilla
Organic Vanilla Extract 1X | Organic Vanilla Extract 2X | Pure Vanilla Extract 1X
One Stop Shopping for Amadeus Vanilla Products | Home
Amadeus Vanilla Beans
7482 Denrock Avenue ~ Los Angeles, CA 90045-1022 ~ USA
310-670-9731 ~ Fax: 310-670-7542 ~ Email
© 2015 Amadeus Trading Co., LLC. All rights reserved.
All trademarks and servicemarks are the properties of their respective owners.